Skip to main content
- Parietal Lobe: Just in front of the Occiptal Lobe. Deals with sensory functions.
- PAVM: Direct connections between the arteries and veins in the lung.
- PET scan: A scan that looks at function, rather than structure of an organ, including the brain.
- Physical Therapist: A professional specialist in development of gross motor skills and physical activities.
- Placebo: A substance or medicine given to the patient, which has no medical action but which may make the patient feel better, i.e., The Placebo Effect.
- Port Wine Stain: Characteristic birthmark of SWS. Usually on the face, but can extend to other parts of the body, particularly the neck and trunk. A port wine stain by itself does not necessarily constitute SWS.
- Prognosis: Predicted outcome.
- Prophylactic: Preventative.
- Pulmonary: Used to describe anything pertaining to the lungs.