Skip to main content
- Gastroenterologist: A doctor who treats diseases of the gastrointestinal or digestive tract (the stomach, the small intestine, and the colon).
- Generalized Seizure: Seizure affecting much of the brain and involving loss of consciousness or awareness.
- Genes: The codes in our cells that transmit our inherited traits to our children. See hereditary.
- Genetic Counselor: A professional with a graduate degree in genetic counseling who specializes in genetic disorders, and their implications for an individual and his/her family.
- Geneticist: A physician who treats patients with hereditary disease or a scientist who specializes in the study of genetics.
- Genome, The Human: A world initiative/project of the 90s designed to locate all the genes of the human body.
- Glaucoma: Increased pressure in the eye causing damage. May lead to blindness if not treated.
- Goniotomy: Surgical procedure for removing obstructions to the free flow of aqueous humor into the canal of Schlemm of the eye.